Many people I meet tend to ask me if I know how to cook since I enjoy eating so much. Yes, I can cook but I’m a very lazy cook. I always take short cuts and if a recipe requires more than 3 hours of preparation or beating the egg white until stiff, I won’t bother trying it out.
Today, I made baked eggs. I call it cheat style because I skipped a few steps and shortened the cooking process to just 30 minutes. Heck, I even used the muffin paper cases, because I didn’t want to wash up. If you’re lazy like me, go try this:
Easy Baked Eggs (makes 6)
- 6 large eggs
- Pure cream
- Grated cheese (I used Cheddar)
- Salami, ham and/or bacon, cut into cubes
- 1 sausage, sliced
- Herbs (I like to use thyme and rosemary)
- 1 large onions, chopped
- 5-6 pieces of garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stir-fry the onion and garlic until fragrant, and add in salami and sausage
- Add in herbs, and then season with salt and pepper
- Add a teaspoon of cream at the base of the muffin case.
- Put in the sautéed mixture, but not too much. You don’t want the ingredients to overflow.
- Crack an egg on top, and add another teaspoon of cream on top.
- Cover the top with grated cheese. Repeat the steps for the rest of the eggs.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes (200 °C for my oven) until the egg white starts to bubble.
- Remove from oven and let it cool.
So easy right? It’s perfect for lazy Sunday brunches! rif has been asking me why I don’t cook for him anymore so I think this baked eggs will do the trick, for now…
*If you’re the hardworking sort and love cleaning up afterwards, try Jeen’s baked egg recipe.