Victoria Station @ Medan Damansara

My last week was hectic, with appointments and reviews back to back. On top of that, I struggled to redo my food articles which were due in the same week, no thanks to the idiot who took my bag. I had no time to see rif, and even when I did, I was busy with work. On Friday, he decided to take his (slightly deranged and overstressed) girlfriend to Victoria Station for a supposedly quiet dinner. At close to 9pm, I expected the crowd to subside, but it was quite the opposite. The place was almost a full house; good thing we were seated in the cabin, away from the crowd and noise.

Cabin seats

I’ve never liked escargots, but rif insisted that I tried the escargots (1/2 dozen -RM 15.90) here. Generously topped with a garlicky cheese sauce, these snails were a delight to eat. I was very tempted to order another 1/2 dozen.

Tip: NEVER PICK UP THE ESCARGOTS WITH YOUR BARE HANDS. Use the utensil provided. Guess who got burnt while attempting to hold the shell? =_=

My sizzling steak (RM38.90) came with a garden salad on the side. The salad looked pathetic, so I didn’t bother taking a picture of it. Portion was sizable and the steak was cooked to a medium doneness. This was tender and juicy, and the gravy enhanced the flavour of the meat very well. The downside? I smelt like sizzling steak afterwards. rif’s Victoria Steak (RM38.90) was quite decent. I prefer this gravy to mine. It had bit of chicken inside, which I reckon, gave the gravy a better flavour and texture. However, I like the idea of eating my steak on a hot plate, so I would still order the sizzling steak (regardless of how I smell later on). Vanilla milk shake (RM5.90) wasn’t thick or rich enough. It also had a weird aftertaste. Dessert didn’t appeal to us, so we decided to skip it. Overall, the food wasn’t great, but the place still had a decent standard and the same old charm that I love.

Ambiance: 6/10
Price: 6/10
Food: 6/10 (pork-free)
Verdict: Decent steaks at reasonable prices.

11-17, Jalan Setiapuspa,
Medan Damansara,
50490 Kuala Lumpur
03 20936888, 03 2094 9406
Website:

Comments

it brings back old memories but seriously it stops there for me. i remember a garlic steak tat looks like the 1 rif had, nt sure from here or the Ship, that was awesome.

2. yikes, i think i singed my fingers before too, picking up escargots … it's a lesson i've forgotten though, so thanks for the reminder :D

3. I remember back loooong ago when there were only 2 good (affordable) steak restaurants in KL….

4. This was the place I first tasted my escargots, back in the 90's!!!! Surprised to find them so tasty …

5. HairyBerry says:

wow, this is old-skool! those days, we can only afford to eat in such places on special occasions. coincidentally, i had steak at an old restaurant yesterday and it's still good. i guess good taste stays, ya! ;D

I really didn't like the food here, so I always end up "next door" at Jakes' … SLuuurrrrrp :-)

ps – I can't wait to try The Humble Chef!

7. Girls who smell like steak are SEXY!

8. i love escargot! but usually prefer to stay away from steak served on sizzling plate though, they get overcooked as you eat

9. iamthewitch says:

I had the sizzling steak with mushroom sauce in VS back in Penang and I totally loved it! And I'm not even a steak person. Your post reminded me to go for a revisit soon, but in KL of course.. :)

10. Leonard says:

you know.. this place is like 3 mins walk away from my house. hahaha

LOL! Just be careful with Escargots next time ok?
    This Victoria Station outlet holds a special place in my heart because I brought Jenn (she was still a friend at that time) here to dine when I got my very first Citibank credit card :)

12. eiling lim says:

You got burnt holding the escargots? Poor you…

eiling – Ya lor…too greedy already. >(

leo – Awww…so sweet la you. Jen is sooo lucky!

Leonard – I didn't know that. Now that I do, I'll call you to join me next time!

iamthewitch – Hehehe…it's not great, but I like how old school the steaks are prepared. =)

KY – I eat quite fast, so it wasn't that bad lor. But yeah, if you're a slow eater, better not order sizzling steak.

Marcus – LOL

Julian – Jakes so expensive!

HairyBerry – I guess so! ;)

J2Kfm – I was surprised too!

J – Yup….dad used to bring me here for treats. Before mum put a stop to it. =(

Sean – Hahaha…punishment for the greedy. =P

Joe – The Ship? I haven't tried the steaks there. Should go check it out, since it so near my office.