Char Kuay Teow @ Say Huat, Section 17

When I’m craving Char Kuay Teow, I always go to Robert’s stall at Say Huat, Section 17 PJ. As always, his CKT is well-fried and full of wok hei. It has plenty of bean sprouts, chives, eggs, 3 prawns, cockles, lap cheong and my favourite PORK LARD.

After coming here often (3-4 times a month), Robert already knows how I like my CKT – spicy, extra lard and big plate. A large plate costs RM4.50, while a small is RM4.

*Say Huat is located in front of the Section 17 market.

Comments

Wow – nice, huge big plate! I used to stay in Sec 17 and I didn’t even know about this! Cheers for sharing!

No prob! Hehe, I always order a large plate from him. :D

3. I found another food blog!!! :)

4. hehe..i live nearby der..go there to eat almost everyday..lol..da uncle very friendly..keep singing~~

5. PureGlutton says:

Dang! Now i’m having CKT cravings!

chrisau – Hey, thanks for dropping by!

ying – Wah…lucky you! Yea…he’s really friendly. He always greets his customers with a friendly smile. :)

PureGlutton – Haha…time to pay Robert a visit perhaps? ;)

7. Simon Seow says:

They have a few branch too, one is in Damansara Jaya I think but I frequently comes to eat in Say Huat.

Oohhh…I didn’t know! But I still like to eat in Say Huat. Easier for me. :)

9. The quality in the different branches differ! stick to Say Huat, it is STILL magnificent. I just went :-)

10. ben yeoh says:

thanks for info on char koay teow,will go look for say huat I usually get my CKT fix at lorong seratus tahun at ss2, have you tried that?

ben – Hi ben, thanks for dropping by! I know about the lorong seratus tahun branch, but have yet to try it…maybe it’s time I did! ;)

Jules – When we going again? =P

12. Kimberly Low says:

wowee, how long has robert been operating there?? we used to have a robert CKT in sri dsara couple of years back with the same exact style and since he left, he's been terribly missed!

13. Simon Seow says:

Kim, I've seen Robert there in Say Huat since 2006.

Kim – According to rif, he's been there for quite a while. Like Simon, I've been going to Robert's since 2006.

Say Huat simply rocks, you can ask for special prawns :-) RM$6 . "Robert" knows that is my favourite and my regular order ;-)

16. Hi, I stumbled upon your blog. Thanks for the reviews. There is 1 very good CKT stall in Sec 14 that you may want to check out. There is this restaurant that is a conversion from a corner single story house right next to the commercial area in Sec 14. This CKT stall is at the back right next to the famous chee-cheong-fun stall there. Check it out.

17. as of 29-SEPT-2013 : Robert’s CKT Section 17, not as good as before, quality drop a lot, the prawn no longer juicy fresh, but in fact give u a normal small prawn like the size of your 20cents, price increased RM5 for small, RM5.50 for big, portion is small as well, siham given less than 5 biji…if wanna a good quality CKT, this one is a big NO NO already…not recommended anyway!