As mentioned in my post yesterday, here’s a post on my experience at the Lagoon Suite, which rif and I stayed at just for one night.
The most luxurious of accommodations in Club Med Kani, there are 75 suites in this 5 Trident Space. Each Lagoon Suite boasts a breathtaking view of the lagoon, a furnished terrace and private access into the turquoise waters.
We lucky to receive an upgrade option to the Lagoon Suite for one night, for an additional USD500. I’m usually quite thrifty, but it was our honeymoon (and rif was footing the bill) so what the heck. Splurge…muahahahaha!! Note that some suites have better views of the lagoon and surroundings than the others, and ours was pretty decent.
If you’re particular about your room view, I suggest you book your preferred suite at least 6 months ahead. Even so, there are no guarantees as I was told a few couples booked their preferred Lagoon Suite more than a year ahead!
There was a bottle of sparkling wine and fresh fruits on the table upon our arrival. I wasted no time and asked for an ice bucket to chill the wine for our bubble bath. Those who stay longer at the Lagoon Suite get a bottle of complimentary champagne upon arrival.
The Lagoon Suite is more spacious compared to the Beach Villa, but the latter has land space. Bathroom size is about the same, but the Lagoon Suite comes with a large bath tub (big enough for two :D) instead of the outdoor shower. There was also a Nespresso machine which I enjoyed using and breakfast is sent to the suite daily.
All you need to do is fill up the breakfast form with your preferred items and time of breakfast, and drop the card in the letter box right outside your suite. Easy peasy and you get to have breakfast in bed. Something my husband hasn’t done for me yet. #husbandmakemebreakfastnow
Lagoon Suite guests get to enjoy wifi access and complimentary cocktails, mocktails, juices and soft drinks at Manta Lounge. As a Lagoon Suite guest, I got to tuck into the snacks available – croissants at 9.30am, mid-day aperitif at 11am, afternoon tea at 5pm and evening aperitif and 7pm. And champagne is free flow from 6-10pm daily. I was a very happy girl.
We spent our evening chilling by the lounge, drinking champagne, nibbling on snacks and watching the sunset. Absolutely breathtaking. Guests of the Lagoon Suite also enjoy full access to the facilities in Zone 4T – main beach, bar, restaurants, pool, etc.
I don’t regret my choice of the Beach Villa because it is also quite luxurious and comes with a private beach for my tanning advantage. But I’m glad to have experienced staying at the Lagoon Suite. The suite would be perfect for honeymooners who want
their baby to be made in Maldives to spend as much time with each other. Seriously, once you step into the Lagoon Suite, you wouldn’t want to leave the room.
Lagoon Suite Privileged Services
- Room service for continental breakfast
- Concierge service to ensure you of an ideal stay at Club Med Kani
- Privileged access to the all-inclusive activities and services at the Resort (priority booking for the speciality restaurant – Kandu)
- A dedicated contact person for booking the à la carte services proposed at the Club Med Resort (treatments at the Club Med Spa* by CINQ MONDES, room service*(1), babysitting*(2), laundry service*, customised excursions*, etc.)
- Expert advice on the excursions*, activities*, outings* and restaurants* outside of Club Med Kani
- Bar service in the lounge with champagne included in the evenings(3)
- Minibar restocked daily with soft drinks
- Wifi access at Manta lounge
- Privileged transfer from the railway station to the Resort(4)
(1) Room service included for continental breakfast.
(2) Club Med provides a list of babysitting services on request, but is in no way responsible for the service provided.
(3) Served by the glass, at 6 pm. Alcohol can be dangerous for the health.
(4) Only for clients with a Transport package
*At extra cost
The Lagoon Suite cost RM2,600 per person/night for Normal Season and RM3,400 per person/night for High Season. For more information or to get a more accurate price quotation, please contact Club Med. Official Club Med Kani website here.
- Like my Facebook page here.