Sushi Platter @ Haagen-Dazs

Haagen-Dazs recently invited a few bloggers (myself included) for a casual session at their SoHoKL outlet to try their latest creation, the Sushi Platter. I was allowed to bring a plus one, so rif tagged along. They started us off with a small palate teaser, The Sweet Romance (RM138 per kg). This ice cream cake comprises Haagen-Dazs ice cream with strawberries, white chocolate marble, white chocolate shaving and whipped cream. I liked this. The cake wasn’t overly sweet and it didn’t melt easily. I reckon they have improved on their cakes over the years. The Sushi Platter (RM35) boasted 4 types of ice cream sushi, mango & passionfruit, strawberry gunkan, kiwi gunkan and mango sorbet. The ‘wasabi’ was green tea ice cream — it was creamy with a strong green tea aftertaste. Of the 4 flavours, I liked the mango & passionfruit best. Good thing rif got his own Sushi Platter; I was reluctant to share!

I polished everything…except the green apple slices.

Thanks for the invite, Regina. We had a good time. And it was very nice catching up with you again.

Comments

1. OMG I want one NOW. But I got no money and I'm fat.

2. vialentino says:

slurpp slurpp…wish to makan ice cream now since nowadays so hot ler…

3. iamthewitch says:

Oh so cute! They really looked like sushi, didn't they… Ingenious idea :)

4. hah! this one is soooo cute!!! ^^ kawaiiii~

they are too cute to be eaten~~

6. How can you stay so slim while eating so much good food? It is nice to be young and have a fast metabolic rate.

7. hi. I was wondering if you happen to be in PC Fair in KLCC on 17/4/2010?

Chang – Yeah…I was there this evening. Got dragged around like a small kid by rif. >.<

You were there?

Meng – I don't always eat a lot ma…but I do exercise and watch what I eat on regular days.

ai wei – Yes…almost too cute to eat!

iamthewitch – They do! I liked that touch of 'wasabi'! ;)

vialentino – Ya la….crazy weather. o_0

Marcky – Go there and feast on their sample scoops. lol.

9. Bangsar-babe, yes . Iwas there. that means I saw you, I think you were wearing a black and white spaghetti strap dress.

haha. if that was you then, then I miss a chance to said hi. :)

Chang – Yes, that was me! ;)

11. What cute lil morsels, right? Almost too sayang to eat…. :)

we should have gone! too bad bizi :)

Cumi & Ciki – Oh well, you can always visit them when you're free. ;)

J – Hahaha…ALMOST. But I devoured them anyway. =P