louis vuitton alma pm yrh613|louis vuitton bags replica njm427|oakley usa outlet nzm96|Chan Luu Jewelry ytu741||replica christian louboutin mfh98|louboutin shoes mfh99|louboutin outlet mfh100|cheap louboutin mfh101|cheap christian louboutin mfh102|replica christian louboutin mfh103|red bottoms mfh104|red bottom shoes mfh105 Molten Lava, 1 Utama Shopping Centre

Molten Lava, 1 Utama Shopping Centre

After months of empty talk, Shum and I finally tried the churros at Molten Lava in 1 Utama. (Churros are a type of Spanish doughnut made from sweet potato dough and deep fried till crunchy.) Besides a range of churros, they also sell cupcakes, carrot cake, roti prathas and toasts. We settled for the Churros with Molten Chocolate Lava Dip (RM5.80), which was freshly fried and dusted with icing sugar. Beneath the crispy exterior was a warm, pillow-y soft centre that was not overly sweet. A pity the chocolate dip was diluted; it did not coat the churros nicely.

Tic tac toe anyone? =P

For the price tag, the portion was stingy (the display picture looks so ample). 4 sticks of churros for RM5.80 is not cheap, especially when I can eat two plates of these and still want more. Maybe it’s time I learn how to make them. Save myself some moo-lah! The coffee Shum ordered was from Nescafe or a local coffee brand. I cannot take local coffee without milk or sugar, as they have some sort of “coconut oil” taste. Blergghh! Seats are limited, and unless you’re wearing jeans or shorts, it’s best not to attempt their high chairs outside the shop. Miniskirt lovers, you’ve been warned! =D

Ambiance: 5/10
Price: 6/10
Food: 6.5/10
Verdict: The churros is lovely, but the same cannot be said about the chocolate dip.

Lot LG312B (opposite Cold Storage)
Lower Ground Floor Oval
1 Utama

Comments

something like yaw char koay… only Spanish :)

2. Wilson Ng says:

Interesting. Never had a churros before.

I wonder what are dips they have?

pardon me, first time hearing the term – churros….i wish i can try it one day!

RM 5.80 for 4pcs really cost pricey ler…

mimi – Yup! =(

SimpleGirl – I didn't know of this snack either…until very recently.

Wilson – They have kaya dips…chocolate dips…cinnamon dusting..and sambal dip too!

leo – I think it's nicer…hehe!

ill pass;)

Cumi & Ciki – Hahaha…ok =)

8. derek chin says:

i'd love to see u sitting on the high chair !!

9. Well for 5.80, I think it's pretty value for $$. If you really like churros, u may try the new dessert menu at el cerdo. Their choco dip is much much better :)

10. Hi, i love their churros… but i always get the simpler version : churros coated with icing sugar. its better than any other version. you shd try tat instead. ask for more, MORE icing sugar. :D

Katherine – Thanks for the rec! Will opt for the plain ones the next time my craving hits. ;)

mmlee81 – Churros after a pork fest, I like!

12. Churros are really easy to make ;) Mix regular all purpose flour with the same of amount of water in a bowl. Then you will get a dough. Place it in a piping bag and pipe it in a long shape into hot oil. Deep fry it and then you’re done.
    You can always add cinnamon into the dough before piping for additional flavor. Sprinkle some icing sugar or cinnamon sugar after deep frying. Melt your own chocolate and you’re done =)