New Cappuccino Truffle @ Häagen-Dazs, 1 Utama

Sabina from Pat-Lin Communications invited my mum and I to try the new Cappuccino Truffle from Häagen-Dazs, 1 Utama last Saturday in conjunction with Mother’s Day. Häagen-Dazs recently celebrated its 15th Anniversary, and the Cappuccino Truffle is a new flavour introduced as a kick-off celebration. We were free to select any of the seven tantalising creations (woot!), and on top of that, we enjoyed a free flow of ice cream, coffee and tea. Double Woot!! Mum went for the Cassata Tiramisu, which was Tiramisu ice-cream cake served with a scoop of Cappucino Truffle and Classic Vanilla, and luscious black cherries.She exchanged the Classic Vanilla with her favourite Green Tea. Mum had a few spoonfuls of her dessert, and I greedily polished the rest. While my mum enjoyed the ice cream, she is also very health conscious and tries not to eat too much sugary snacks. o_0 I had the Venetian Interlude. The rich, chocolaty brownie came topped with a generous serve of Cookies & Cream and a scoop of Cappuccino Truffle. The Cappuccino Truffle was a delicious combination of creamy coffee ice cream and decadent chocolate truffles. I enjoyed every spoonful of this! Cookies & Cream has always been my favourite, so this brownie ice cream combo was heaven on a plate! It was nice meeting Wei Zhi from KampungboyCitygal, and my mum and her got along very well. Me getting a free cake from the lucky draw was the perfect end to a lovely afternoon! Thanks Sabina and Regina, for the invite!

l-r: Regina, mum, myself, Sabina & Wei Zhi

Comments

1. coffeerox says:

Hey there… glad you had fun… will keep you posted when the next flavour comes out!

Reggie

pity, i was in HK when they told me abt this..

lovely pix!

well, my mom went off on rendezvous with my dad :( so I spent Mother’s Day with my wife, Jenn, as this was her first year celebrating this occasion… hahaha!!! We just had a simple meal at home…
    1U is just 2 min drive from my house, so I’ll drop by whenever I have ice-cream’s craving :) I have a sweet tooth

5. Yummmm…. haagen-dazs!!! :D

6. foodbin says:

so sinful and calorific.

foodbin – Sinful indeed! Don’t want to count calories la… =P

Selba – *double heart*

leo – Don’t forget to try this new flavour!

Cumi & Ciki – Thanks! =)

Joe – There's always next time! ;)

coffeerox – Sure thing!

Bangsar-bAbE + ice cream = BLISS!!

Thanks again… ;)

9. Anonymous says:

The Capuccino Truffle from Haagen Dazs was a disappointment, personally for me. The coffee flavour was too overpowering, to the point that I could hardly taste the chocolate 'truffles'. Their previous limited edition, the Hazelnut flavour was so much better.

I'm not sure, but the range of Haagen Daz's flavours available in Malaysia is a massive diappointment. For example, whatever happened to Brandied Cherry ? The flavours available is always the usual suspects.

For real natural flavored, creamy ice-cream, nothing beats Ben & Jerry's in my opinion. I have to turn to their Cherry Garcia now to get my fix of Cherry ice-cream.

DF

I rather enjoyed the Cappuccino Truffles, probably because I love the strong coffee flavour in it. In fact, most ice creams with a strong undertone of coffee would win me over.

Never tried Brandied Cherry…I’ll have to try B&J’s Cherry Garcia if I want something similar to the Brandied Cherry, eh? I do agree that the flavours are more common, but it’s probably because these are the classic favourites. =)

11. mixed opinions i guess …
    but out of topic, how u manage to stay so slim with all the burgers, chocs and ice cream?!

a wonder.

J2Kfm – Mum makes sure I eat healthy at home. Think organic steamed veges and health juices. That’s how! =D

Oh, and I avoid eating rice after 9pm…

wow…..nice gathering with lovely ice cream….haagen dazs never failed me……

14. Anonymous says:

Take a look at the link below for the full list of Haagen Dazs' flavors, then you'll have an idea about how the local Haagen Dazs' distributor has short changed us!

As for Ben & Jerry's, unfortunately, you can only buy them in pints from supermarkets like Mercato's, Cold Storage, Giant (selected), etc.

B&J's specialise in ice-cream with chunks and bits in them. I think all of their ice-cream has bits of stuff in 'em. Its a personal matter of preference, though. But I do find their flavor's more 'natural' and subtle compared to Haagen Dazs. But Haagen makes better tasting chocolate ice-cream though.

B&J's full list of flavors :

DF

15. backStreetGluttons says:

Now we know where you get your pretty looks from…
    :D

16. desserts and ice cream!!! love ur blog and ur reviews

^__^

ai wei – Thanks!

BSG – Do I look like mummy? =P

DF – I like B&J chocolate chip cookie dough, but that's just one of the very few flavours I've tried. And it's much cheaper to get it overseas, so I never bought any in KL.

Haagen Dazs and B&J are both nice (in my opinion), but since Haagen Dazs is easily available, I'd go for that. ;D

SimpleGirl – The gathering was nice…and with lots of ice cream!

19. babe_kl says:

did you know, i turned down the offer to this event, otherwise i would have meet you and your mom :p

until now i still can’t believed i turned down an all you can eat HD hahahaha… well no choice cos i have to bake and iced a cake for a friend’s birthday that nite :D

20. ling239 says:

Wow! u won a cake!! ^_^
    congratulations ~

ling239 – Thanks! >D

babe_kl – Next time, next time! I believe I'll be meeting you real soon, no? ;)

Hey BBabe, drop me an email at Juliansi at Gmail dot Com if you wanna attend Thursday's HAAGEN-DAZ event :-) Cheers!

ps – They sent me an invite, and alas I am not in the country!