Alcohol With Some Lunch

I received an invite from FBB to his legendary lunch last week, and I NEARLY DID CARTWHEELS! It was really nice meeting masak-masak, Joe, Cumi & Ciki, Allan & Nigel, Lyrical Lemongrass & Bald Eagle, Hairy Berry, Unkaleong and many other friendly people. =)

Menu

HomeMade Mee Siam

Bee’s Ju Hu Char & Sambal Belacan

Green Leafy Salad With Yellow Cherry Tomatoes & Quails Eggs

Semblance of Black Forest Cake For Yuri

Rum & Raisin Pie

Boolicious Lemon Sabayon Tart

The spread was delightful! rif and I loved the beef, mushroom & onion pie – chunks of beef and mushroom slices in creamy gravy. The puff pastry was buttery and flaky, and this was the first to finish (and FBB made two huge pies!). I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking…The Rum and Raisin Pie (by Fatboybakes) with pure cream was potent! FBB said he soaks the raisins in rum before making the pie filling. The black forest cake (by Fatboybakes) was Splashie Boy’s birthday cake, and it tasted as delicious as it looked!
The Victoria Sponge Cake (from Allan & Nigel) brought back fond memories…my Sunday School teacher used to bake it for the class, and I loved it! In UK, I would get it from Waitrose or Tesco. I tried baking it once, and it turned out rubbery! T_T (maybe I have no baking talent…)Thanks FBB for having rif and I over for lunch! We enjoyed every bit of the food and company! =D

Check out masak-masak’s and Cumi & Ciki’s post on this!

Comments

lucky fler u! ;p
    my my my..FBB’s party is like steppin into a foodies’ haven! nvr heard nor tried Vic sponge cake..

i realise i have pics of some part at the start, some in the end..and everything else missing!

thank god for all u diligent camera man/woman..

im getting hopeless…well what to do, blame it on the alcohol..

what a nice gathering! wholesome meal….nice food, superb dessert and the drinks….

FBB and 4nganchai ROCKS! Wah, Bangsar-Babe was there? Darn … sorry I missed out on coming for the big gig!

Gotta arrange makan soon… Sin Kee anyone? ;-)

Julian – Yes, FBB rocks the most!! Sin Kee? Can…I long time never eat the mun fan de! ;)

SimpleGirl – Yes, it was lovely!

I lost count of the many, many bottles of wine and bubbly we opened! T_T

Joe – You drank that much meh? Never notice you topping up your drink also…

thenomadGourmand – I was darn lucky! =D

It's easily found in UK, but over here…you'll have to call Allan & Nigel! ;P

Just hopped on over from Cumi&Ciki's post… a gathering to be reckoned with for sure!! I cannot take my eyes off that birthday cake! I have to have one for my upcmoing birthday, even if I have to resort to buying it myself! Is it Just Heavenly's?

7. taufulou says:

happening gathering with so many ppl..with all kind of food and desert for finishin~

550ml – It’s from the talented and wonderful host himself, Fatboybakes! =D

taufulou – Yup…good food, good booze and great people! ;)

excellent shots.. see.. tis not the size of ur tool.. tis how u use it:)

10. what! a feast-sei ngan chai salted roasted duck looks delicious.

foodbin – It was a feast indeed! =)

Cumi & Ciki – Thanks! Hehe… ;P

12. i wanna get invited too. fast. =P

Hehehe…that one must ask FBB!

14. I’ll take a piece of everything on the menu. :) Looks like a great time, and this is a nice reminder of how good food can bring people together. Oh, and you appear very happy eating that cake!

15. backStreetGluttons says:

Does look like the name FBB is shooting fast and becoming the latest hip synonym & craze ( & crave) for cutting-cake New KL fine dining !

btw, our birthdays are on June , July , August and September – hope we can have just a quarter of all those you people had ( but plse ah no candles)
    LOL !

16. Nic (KHKL) says:

hey bangsar babe! great meeting you last saturday! it was a blast, wasn’t it? ;D

thanks for the Hainanese Kuihs! yummy stuff!

17. Pureglutton says:

Aaww… tat Blackforest Cake is really to-die-for and i didn’t have any cake in my recent birthday..sob!

Pureglutton – Awww…poor thing! =(

Well…it’s never too late to get one from FBB! ;)

Nic – It was nice meeting you too! Yeah…it was fun, and I’m still smacking myself for leaving early! o_0

Glad you enjoyed them! =D

BSG – Hahaha…no candles? Don’t la shy shy… =P

Sapuche – The company was great, I had a really good time! And the food was amazing… =D

Delighted I was! And I had a second slice too… =P

19. Lyrical Lemongrass says:

Lovely meeting you! Must meet up again for more makan session hor. :-D

haha tat was bcos i topped up on much more hardcore stuff..cant b refilling at the same pace as wine u knw..

21. UnkaLeong says:

Was a pleasure meeting you last Saturday. Was it you I heard say, “Got to get to work” When I looked over you had your camera ready in your hand di. Nicely captured pics!

Unkaleong – Nice meeting you too! Errr…don’t remember saying that, but I couldn’t wait to take pics of the food! =P

Joe – THAT was hard stuff in your cup?? I thought it was Zapple…silly me! T_T

Lemongrass – Yes, twas lovely meeting you! Makan session…yes we must!! =D

23. fatboybakes says:

gosh, how did i miss this post…
    hahaha…only after you mentioned got pic of you licking the spoon i quickly come to check! prob end of month, went to archive very fast ah?

hahah, twas great meeting you! thanks for all the kind words.

24. hey there, i have some piccies of you on my FB taken at the lunch…how do I add you in?

Yin – Hey, I’ll add you ok? ;)

FBB – Ya lor…month end so it went into archive…

Thanks for inviting me, I had fun! *burp*