rif can cook!

As the title says, rif can cook, and he does it quite well. =) I love it when he cooks dinner for me, because I’m sure I’ll be well fed.Since I’m on a burger hunt this month, rif caught the burger bug and decided to make HIS version of Ramli burger for dinner. If you think I must be sick of burgers by now, I’m not! Especially not rif’s version.

Flashback:
rif used to make burgers and hotdogs for me when we were in school. He fed me that almost every morning, which explains why I was FAT! Also, that silly boy would sell the same burgers and hotdogs to his friends for RM1. ONE freaking ringgit!!! How to make money you-tell-me?? o_0

He likes using herbs when he cooks, especially thyme, basil and oregano. The burger bun is buttered and lightly pan-fried till crisp at the sides. The patty is then pan-fried with oregano-infused butter for extra fragrance. rif beats the eggs with a dash of milk, salt and thyme. A slice of cheese is then added on top of the omelette before putting in the patty. Mayo is then slathered on top of the patty for extra ommph! Once the omelette is almost done, he wraps the patty and places it on top of the bun base. After a generous spread of mayo and a squeeze of BBQ sauce, the burger was ready! I eagerly bit into my burger and it was as good as always. The omelette wrap was deliciously fragrant and oozing with gooey cheese. The patty was slightly crisped on the outside (just the way I like it) and juicy on the inside.I greedily and shamelessly polished off two burgers. Heh! He also made a side of mashed potatoes with fried garlic bits. I love the crunchiness of the garlic in the mash. I was well fed and happy happy happy! How often can one eat good food made with love? =D

Comments

rif's burger made me feel like making my burger at home also….esp the herbs he used. i love herbs like oregano, basil & mint..

Haha…maybe it’s time you made burgers too! And blog about it… =)

3. OMG it looks yummy!!!!! I curi the recipe for myself can? Only thing left to do now is buy the patty, herbs, buns, mayo and bbq sauce.. =)

4. Lyrical Lemongrass says:

Wah can open burger stall already! Must look for 7-11 that doesn’t already have a stall outside…maybe one of the newer neighborhoods hor..hehe. Looks good!

LL – Maybe get him to open in front of 7-Eleven Bangsar! Teeheee… >P

Kath – Sure! Knock yourself out! =D

6. worldwindows says:

Lucky you! Most men can cook due to the necessity of life.

omg..some more burgers!! now home made..!!

very professionally done i must say..

mine would have looked more like an omelette…

8. eh! not bad.i want to order one-got home delivery or not?

foodbin – That one must ask him…see if he’ll still charge RM1 per burger…kekeke =P

joe – yeah…he does wrap his patties nicely!

worldwindows – I am very lucky, I know! =D

A man comfortable to don that apron is a winner on all counts! And you’re right, RM1 is dirt cheap… I’ll have ten to go please! :-)

U really like to eat burger a lot hor !!!

mimi – Yup! But I usually don’t eat this much burger… =P

550ml – Have to get him to work his magic in the kitchen then! ;)

me luvv burgers too! I muz say all tat added herbs n ingredients makes the diff to those patty!
    definitely rugi laa RM1!! but a bangsar burger stall is a gd idea! lol.. i saw one at the side of TMC..beside the Tailor shop..mayb can open there??!

Hmmmm…I was thinking better open in Bangsar Baru, since got pubs. ;P Burgers to sober up!

But that one must ask rif…see if he wants to consider a future in the burger business…kekeke

15. Whoa! RIF can definitely cook! That’s about the most beautiful burger I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen quite a few on your blog this month! Seriously, I’m mightily impressed by this burger tour-de-force, especially since it’s now happening in your own kitchen. And I’m equally impressed by your ability to put away not only TWO of those humongous burgers but also a side of mashed potatoes! I’m really curious what food hunting you engage in next month. Part of me hopes, for the sake of your cholesterol level, that it’s just salad, but part of me wants you to take this up a notch! Great post!

Yes, he’s great in the kitchen! Yeah, I think his burgers look the prettiest…

I was very greedy, and ended up feeling like a glut. =P I had to workout doubly hard this month, to get rid of the ‘badness’. Plus I eat healthy on a daily basis, so don’t worry! ;)

17. RM1 ?! o.O
    can fren him ah ? :p
    the burgers look so delicious!!!

Ya…RM1…dunno why he sell so cheap that time. @_@

Hahaha…can gua… ;P

19. hehe.. I sold my burgers for RM1 because I had to compete with my school canteen burger which was also selling for RM1. What I didn’t realize was that the burgers sold in the canteen did not contain as much/good ingredients. I do hope to someday open my own eatery some day, but not in front of 7-11 lar!!! Must have some standard a bit, cannot sell the burger for RM1 already.